Thursday, January 19, 2012

Lean Arms Pyramid.

Here's some motivation for this (chilly) Thursday:


I had planned to get up earlier this morning and do these (with "girl" push-ups, yes).  Guess what?  I sit here drinking coffee, not doing it.  Should I be embarrassed that I don't quite know what dips or tummy tucks are or how to do them?  This calls for some You Tubing. 

This week I saw a number on the scale that I hadn't seen for an entire year, probably because I hadn't stepped on it since Thanksgiving and the holidays are dangerous cookie gorging times for me. That was not a happy moment. I know a lot of people banish the scale, relying on how they feel instead, but I am tall enough that I don't necessarily notice a 5 pound weight gain and things can get away from me quickly if I'm not careful to keep healthy during the week and check-in with myself and the evil scale on occasion.

I also need deadlines. I have a skiing vacation coming up in California the second week of March, and I'd like to be in better shape for in. Thinner on skis = faster down the hill? I'm not athetically inclined, but maybe :)  Weekly weigh-ins it is. Every Thursday.

Week 1 -> -1.8 pounds

No comments:

Post a Comment